DEUTSCH
ENGLISH
FRANÇAIS
ITALIANO
ESPAÑOL
РУССКИЙ

history


1952 Company founded by Bernard Clemens and his brother Matthias in Zemmer. Construction of carriages for agricultural use, repairs, ironmongery and household goods shop, petrol station and sale of motorcycles and small vehicles.
1958 Development of a ride-on plough for tilling the soil in steep vineyards as the first series-built product and orientation towards wine-making. The present company Gebr. Clemens Fahrzeugbau GmbH was set up with the development of a special trailer for transporting timber.
  Historical drawing of the former head office of CLEMENS in Zemmer
Company's founder Bernard Clemens († 2010)
 
Historical drawing of the former head office of CLEMENS in Zemmer
1967 Company moves with a staff of 35 from Zemmer to the larger and more advantageously located site in Wittlich. Further development of a whole range of vineyard machines, such as tillers, all-around weeders, all-around mowers, mulching machines, rotary harrows, rotary brush, defoliating and planting machines, mostly as own patents.
1972 Introduction to cellaring technology with manual and semi-automatic equipment. Today's range also includes all-automatic machines for bottling, sealing, labelling, cleaning and packing.
1976 Development of an international dealer network.
1986 Introduction to stainless steel production with takeover of the Knod company.
1996 Change of generation
Bernd and Thomas Clemens take over responsibility for the company's further development.
1998 Company sets up its own branch in the USA.
1999 Company sets up its own branch in Australia.
  Today, 110 men and women work for Clemens in Wittlich.
  To date, the company has repeatedly won innovation awards for continuous further development and is proud to have trained around 500 apprentices.
  Cooperative partnerships with such strong brands as APE, CMP, ENOS, GAI, GARAVENTA, LETINA, LIPCO, MSD or WAGNER round off the company's own product range.